Climb – An OIL painting lesson
CLICK HERE FOR DVD VERSION
Climb is my latest OIL painting lesson. We start off by painting an acrylic underpainting with Burnt Sienna. You will need Burnt Sienna in acrylic to start this painting. You can do the underpainting in oil as well, but will have to allow it to dry completely before moving on to other layers.
This lesson will show you how to create an illustrative painting in oil. There is a reference photo for the boy climbing the rocks, so you will have something to go by.
I will show you each step of the way. Each layer, each color to mix and how to apply the paint. Take this adventure with me as we paint this whimsical, atmospheric OIL painting.
Lesson Length: 4 hours
Colors used: Burnt Sienna (acrylic) OIL COLORS: Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Titanium White, Zinc White, Ultramarine Blue, Turquoise, Raw Umber, Cadmium Red Medium, Naples Yellow, Flesh Tone (optional)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.