The Upstairs Room – An Acrylic Painting Lesson ONLINE
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
Start viewing this lesson on 11/3 (buy now and save $10!)
The Upstairs Room is a painting lesson I created on Halloween 2019. I wanted to create something that showed how to create light using a lot of contrasting colors and values. By using dark colors you can really make colors glow that are lighter and more saturated in value. Contrast is the ultimate tool in creating light and depth.
In this lesson I’ll take you through this painting step by step from start to finish. We’ll learn how to create subtle cloud shapes and the moon glowing on them. We’ll create a structure and add details creating a house, and then we will make the light glow from The Upstairs Room :).
Don’t miss out on this one! It’s a lot of fun!
Lesson Length: 2 hours
Canvas Size: 18 X 24
Colors Used: Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Titnaium White, Zinc White, Raw Umber, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cadmium Red Light, Yellow Ochre
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.