The Lone Cardinal – Online Acrylic Painting Lesson
CLICK HERE FOR DVD VERSION
In this lesson you’ll learn how to create a realistic cardinal painting, with a unique background and color scheme. I’ll show you every step of the way in creating this wonderful painting.
Learn how to do a graphite transfer. I will show you the steps needed to take your sketchbook drawing and put it on canvas. This helps you get accurate proportion and placement on the canvas. It also allows you to fix mistakes and make adjustments before putting on layers of paint. I’ve also included a pattern you can transfer in case you struggle with drawing proportions!
This is a lesson you’ll want to add to your library, as you’ll learn a lot of new techniques for future paintings! Reference photos, reference sketch and transferable pattern included!
Lesson Length: 3 hours
Colors Used: Cadmium Red Medium, Cadmium Red Light, Naples Yellow, Cerulean Blue Deep (or cerulean blue), Ultramarine Blue, Yellow Ochre, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Zinc White, Titanium White, Raw Umber
Canvas Size: 11 X 14
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.