The Icy River Road To Light – An Acrylic Painting Lesson (ONLINE)
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION OF THIS LESSON
Title: The Icy River Road To Light
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
Lesson Length: 2.5 hours
Supplies needed: 18 X 24 inch canvas (or similar ratio), Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Cadmium Red Medium, Titanium White, Zinc White, Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna
About this painting: I got the idea for this painting when I was thinking about a time I went snowshoeing on a stream in the woods. It was frozen solid and a lot of the snow had blown off the ice making it look like a winding road through the trees. I thought it was a really surreal looking atmosphere at the time, and when I was thinking about it recently, thought it would make a great painting.
Follow along with me as I show you all the steps to create this icy atmospheric painting in acrylics. I’ll tackle the cumulus clouds and show you how to create depth in the snow. It’s a lot of fun, and will take you to a cold but magical land!
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.