The Colors of Winter – Acrylic Painting Lesson
The Colors of Winter
Video Length – 1 Hour 25 Minutes
Colors Used: Light Blue Violet (alternative – mix cerulean blue with a touch of cadmium red med and add white), Violet, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cadmium Red Light, Aqua Green (alternative: cobalt teal), Ultramarine Blue, Raw Umber, White
Canvas Size: 18 X 24
Learn to paint this very colorful winter forest scene as I take you through every step of the process from start to finish in The Colors Of Winter. You’ll learn how to effortlessly create the shapes of the trees with your flat brush using an easy to learn technique, and also how to make the sun glow in the distance while its receding light shimmers off the snow in the foreground. This lesson is a lot of fun and you’ll be surprised at how easy it is to create this colorful painting using my easy-to-learn techniques. If you prefer the DVD version of this lesson, click here.
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.