Silent Stream – An Acrylic Painting Lesson ONLINE – Tim Gagnon
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
JOIN THE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM HERE AND GET ACCESS TO EVERY SINGLE LESSON!
Want to paint landscapes with that tonal old masters feel? If so, this is the lesson for you. Learn how to use a simple palette to create that antiqued look. It’s all about subtle shifts of color and value, slight changes in warm and cool colors, and using loose brush strokes to create our shapes.
In this lesson, Silent Stream, I’ll take you through each step in the process. First we will tone the canvas, and then from there we will lay out our composition by blocking in our major elements. Then I’ll teach you how to mix the color starting with cooler colors and then moving into warmer colors in the foreground.
We will paint all the foliage and grass, and reflections in the water. We will create contrast with the bright cloudy sky on the horizon and the dark shadows that lay beneath the trees.
This is a fun lesson, and you’ll take this color scheme with you for a lot of future lessons!
Colors used: Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White
Canvas size: 16 X 20
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.