Rural Colors – An Acrylic Online Painting Lesson
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
In this lesson we use a more minimalistic approach, combined with a unique color palette. Learn how to use simple brush strokes to create an old barn that lives on the edge of farm fields. Create beautiful clouds that are drifting by, overlooking hills. The unique color palette in this lesson is one you’ll want to use over and over. It is calming with a surreal touch.
I’ll take you through every step of this painting from start to finish. From setting up the background, developing the clouds slowly, to using quick brush strokes to imply rows of crops in a field. I’ll show you all the color mixtures and explain my thought process. Come paint Rural Colors with me today!
Colors used: cobalt teal, brilliant blue, titanium white, zinc white, yellow ochre, raw umber, ultramarine blue, alizarin crimson
Canvas size: 18 X 24 (you can use a larger or smaller canvas with a similar ratio)
Lesson Length: About 2 hours
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.