Quiet Clouds Drifting Upstream – An acrylic painting lesson
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION OF THIS LESSON
Come paint a quiet sunset with me. Imagine walking in nature on a warm later summer day, and coming across a calm field stream. You can barely hear the water, but it gives just a faint gurgle and splash here and there as it flows past the grass and mud. As the sun sets the clouds begin to glow. The reflection in the water is perfect because the water has so few ripples it acts like a mirror. You breath in the fresh air and just connect with nature.
I hope you can feel that sense of calm. That is what I was trying to capture in my latest painting lesson Quiet Clouds Drifting Upstream. Learn how to paint this painting from start to finish. I will show you how to set up the composition with a few brush strokes and then work our way from the background through the foreground. I show you each brush stroke of the painting.
This lesson is only 1 hour and 15 minutes long. You can do so much in such little time when it comes to painting, you just need to know the steps. And I can show you those steps.
Canvas Size: 10 X 20
Colors Used: Cadmium Yellow Medium, Raw Umber, Alizarin Crimson, Teal, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue
Lesson Length: 1 hour 16 minutes
Reference photo included online
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.