People in paintings #1 – Cowboy – An Acrylic Painting Lesson ONLINE
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
This lesson comes out on Tuesday 9/24/19, order now and save $10!
In this lesson I will show you how to do a simple “scribble sketch” and turn it into a painting. I will provide you my sketch in case you want to skip that step. I do recommend you at least try doing a few scribble sketches. I include a lesson on doing the sketch from start to finish with some great tips on how to be successful in sketching.
Once you have your sketch completed, or you can use mine, I will show you a neat way to transfer it to your canvas. You can always use carbon paper or transfer paper, but I’ll show you how to make your own.
From there we will layer in some awesome clouds and create a great setting for our character. This one is a lot of fun and a lot of learning! Join in the fun!
Canvas size: 12 X 16
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Colors used: Cadmium Red Light, Yellow Ochre, Raw Sienna, Burnt Sienna, Zinc White, Titanium White, Raw Umber, Azurite Hue (you can use cerulean instead of either blue), Brilliant Blue (also replaceable with cerulean)
Brushes used: 14 piece set seen here: https://www.timgagnon.com/shop/dvd-lessons/tim-gagnon-brush-series-14-brushes/
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.