Layering Mountain – An ONLINE Acrylic Painting Lesson
CLICK HERE FOR DVD VERSION
In this lesson I will take you through many layers and washes. You might want to call the painting completed 2/3rds of the way through, or you might want to take it even further than I do. The great thing about this lesson is that you can always play around with layering and washes to get the effect you desire.
Layers create atmosphere and depth, and that is the key in this loose lesson. Be free with your brushstrokes and create movement.
I will show you how to draw out the initial composition, tone the canvas and then take you through every step of this really fun lesson!
Lesson Length: About 2.5 hours
Canvas Size: 11 X 14 (use any size canvas you’d like!)
Colors Used: Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Brilliant Blue, Yellow Ochre, Titanium White, Zinc White
Reference Photo Included (High quality)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.