Landing Through Clouds – An Acrylic Painting Lesson ONLINE
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
Join me in learning how to paint Landing Through Clouds from start to finish.
In this lesson you will learn how to create an awesome background sky with puffy clouds and a bright blue sky. I’m always looking for new, exciting color combinations for skies and clouds. In this lesson you’ll learn a new combo for a brilliant blue sky with subtle shadows in the bright white clouds. Learn how to quickly set up the composition and block in clouds in a way that makes them feel settled into the sky rather than sitting on top of the sky.
Then I will provide you with a sketch of an evening grosbeak that you can transfer to your canvas. You will also have a photo reference that you can use to sketch freehand if you choose. Either way you can get a great drawing onto your canvas and then learn how to layer your paint to create a realistic grosbeak flying through the sky.
You’ll have a lot of fun with this lesson. You’ll learn a lot of details in painting birds, and how to layer to get a natural feathered look.
Canvas Size: 24 X 24 (any size canvas will work for this lesson)
Colors Used: Cobalt Teal, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White, Burnt Umber, Indian yellow, Cadmium Yellow Medium
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.