Impressionist Magnolias – An Online Acrylic Painting Lesson
CLICK HERE IF YOU PREFER THE DVD VERSION
Title: Impressionist Magnolias
Lesson Video Lenght: 2.5 Hours
Medium: Acrylic On Canvas
Canvas Size: 14 X 18
About this lesson: In this lesson I will take you through toning the canvas, creating a sketch of the magnolias, and then adding in layers and layers of paint to create a colorful and unique painting. This lesson is a little more loose and shows you a few great techniques to use with acrylics. I show you how to use looser brush strokes and layer paint to create an impressionist feel, and I’ll show you how to alter the layers of color by doing multiple washes. It’s a fun lesson, and something a little different for you to try! I show you every step of the way from start to finish.
Colors needed: Transparent Red Oxide, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber (transparent would be preferred, but not required), Cerulean Blue, Naples Yellow, Utlramarine Blue, Yellow Ochre, Zinc White, Titanium White, Cadmium Red Medium, Alizarin Crimson
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.