Hazy Spring – An Acrylic Painting Lesson ONLINE
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM AND GET ALL THE LESSONS ON THE WEBSITE FOR ONE PRICE!
Hazy Spring is an acrylic painting lesson that will take you through creating a hot hazy spring day. I’ll take you through creating a subtle hazy sky to start out with. On days that the humidity is high and the heat is up, you’ll notice the blue sky is almost like a light blue gray, and the clouds are lazy and just vary slightly in color. I’ll show you how to create this set up with a few easy steps.
From there we will create some hills and a tree line with nice spring blue green colors. Learn how to layer the colors to create atmosphere, and how to slowly shift the color to a warmer spring green to create distance and depth.
We will then move into the foreground to create the field road and tree. Learn how to create variations in value and temperature to show light and shadow on the landscape. Learn how to use simple brush strokes for foliage and to create the tree shape.
I will take you through each step in the process, and you’ll have a ton of fun creating this painting! Come join me in painting Hazy Spring today!
Colors used: Chromium Oxide Green, Cad Yellow Light (cad yellow medium can be substituted), Raw Umber, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White, Zinc White
Canvas size: 18 X 24 (any similar ratio will work for this painting)
Reference Photo included online
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.