Flying To The Edge – An Acrylic Painting Lesson Online
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
Learn this acrylic illustrative figure painting in acrylic in just over 2 hours.
In this lesson you will learn how to transfer a sketch to canvas, and then do a lot of layers to create an illustrative painting.
I’ll take you through each step of painting every element of the painting. From starting with a tonal outline of the figure, to layering the sky to create atmosphere and depth. We’ll add beautiful colors to the rocks and mountains, and finish with a symbolic dove flying in to the figure.
This lesson is medium difficulty, and takes about 2 hours to complete. The lesson includes a sketch you can print out and transfer if you don’t want to the sketch on your own.
Lesson length: 2 hours
Colors used: raw umber, burnt sienna, ultramarine blue, alizarin crimson, naples yellow, titanium white, zinc white, cerulean blue
Canvas Size I use: 11 X 14
Medium: Acrylic on canvas
Reference photos: yes, multiple reference photos
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.