Finding My Center – An Acrylic Painting Lesson ONLINE
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
Finding My Center is an acrylic painting lesson that will teach you how to paint this painting from start to finish. In this lesson you’ll learn how to mix color, apply the paint and pick your brushes. Each brush technique is covered and every brush stroke is shown on video.
The deep woods is something I’m very fond of painting. It has a magical feel to it. It’s a place where you can go to let all of your thoughts run free. A place to relax and connect with nature. I’m always trying to capture that feeling with all of my forest paintings. With this painting I really wanted to do something subtle. A tonal piece just captures the calmness of the forest. The shapes and simple value shifts give the painting a natural feel. Not only that, it makes color mixing a lot simpler.
I hope you come to the forest with me and paint Finding My Center. It’s a really fun painting lesson, and you can relax as you create a beautiful painting. You’ll put yourself right in the middle of the trees with your paint brush.
Colors Used: Burnt Umber, Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre, Cerulean Blue, Titanium White (fluid is preferred but not required).
Canvas Size: 18 X 36 (any long canvas will work)
Lesson Length: 2 hours
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.