Depth of Winter – An Acrylic Painting Lesson ONLINE (Palette knife introduction)
CLICK HERE FOR DVD VERSION
In this lesson I will introduce using a palette knife to enhance your brush paintings. This is a great place to start if you haven’t used or rarely use a palette knife. The painting is completed with 80% brushes, and 20% palette knife.
I’ll show you how to create this painting from start to finish. Learn how to create a unique tonal background, by taking bright colors and dulling them down. Then when you add the bright colors to the foreground and use them as accents they really pop! This lesson is a ton of fun and will get you inspired to try new things and new colors!
Lesson Length: 1.5 hours
Canvas Size: 16 X 20 (you can use any size canvas you’d like)
Completed reference photo included
Colors Used: Teal, Brilliant Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White, Zinc White, Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.