Autumn Stream – An Acrylic Painting Lesson ONLINE
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
Autumn is a beautiful time of the year. In this acrylic painting lesson I’ll show you how to capture the amazing colors of autumn in this landscape scene. I’ll take you through each step of the way. Acrylics layer better than they blend, and I’ll show you how I mix color and then layer it to get that blended look. Learn how to create a bold blue sky that contrasts nicely with the bright reds and oranges in the trees. I’ll also show you how to quickly suggest the colors in the water to make it look realistic, without having to try to hard.
This lesson is loose and we will work through the steps quickly to ensure suggesting the details rather than adding everything in with a tiny liner brush. Sometimes suggesting things is much more effective than detailing.
This lesson is about 1 hour in length.
Colors used: Pthalo Blue, Cadmium Red, Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Chromium Oxide Green, Titanium White
Reference Photo included online
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.