The Light Changes Me – An oil painting lesson online.
CLICK HERE FOR DVD VERSION
If you want to create a beautiful colorful painting, you’ve come to the right lesson. Here we focus on really smooth transitions, bold clean color and layering to create a really colorful work. I will take you through each step in the process, as well as provide helpful hints on the lesson page to help you complete this painting. This tree is based on a trees foliage changing in fall, as well as light gracing the top of the tree to expose the change. Read below about the details of the lesson.
Paint type: Oil
Lesson Length: about 3 hours
Size: 20 X 30 (any vertical size with a similar ratio will work)
Colors: Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Titanium White, Prussian Blue, Raw Umber
Brushes: Large 2 inch background brush, Medium Round Bristle, Small round soft bristle, Small Flat soft bristle, small pointed round soft bristle, script liner brush
Painting Mediums: Linseed Oil, Neo Megilp (or liquin original)
Reference photo of the completed lesson included on the lesson page. I also link to a variety of images on google that should help you with your tree shapes.
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.