Speckled Light – An Oil Painting Lesson ONLINE
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION OF THIS LESSON
Join me in painting a large format landscape painting in oil. This lesson, titled: Speckled Light, will take you through all the painting techniques, color mixtures and brushes needed from start to finish. I’ll show you each technique and how to mix all the colors needed to create the sense of a sunny, but cloudy day, where the light is speckled all across the landscape and sky.
If you’ve ever driven around on a mid summer day with all the puffy clouds in the sky, you probably noticed how the light dances and moves across the ground as the clouds move. That is the feeling I tried to capture in this painting. It’s a relaxing, yet simple composition with a ton of depth and detail. You’ll learn a ton of techniques and colors you’ll use in future paintings.
Come join the fun and learn how to paint Speckled Light today.
Canvas size: 30 X 48
Color Used: Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Yellow Ochre, Cad Yellow Medium, Flake White, Raw Umber, Burnt Umber
Lesson Length: 3 hours
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.