Quick Pears in Oil – An Online Painting Lesson
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
Learn to paint pears in oil. Sometimes still life can be stiff and controlled, but I want you to get loose with this tutorial on painting pears. I’ve included a reference photo for you to follow, but I encourage you to just use it a way to see highlights and shape.
We use a medium round brush throughout a lot of the painting so we can ensure that we are using brush strokes to indicate shape and depth. Learn how to use cooler greens and yellows around the edges and warmer ones around the middle to create a three dimensional shape.
This lesson is only an hour long, but contains all you need to know to paint an effective, loose still life. We will build off this lesson for future still life painting lessons as well.
Colors used: Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Radiant Lemon Yellow, Napthol Red (or use cadmium red medium or light), Cadmium Yellow Medium
Canvas Size: 11 X 14
Mediums Used: Neo Megilp (substitute this with liquin original)
Lesson Length: 1 hour
Photo Reference Included (online)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.