In The Thick Foliage – An Oil Painting Lesson ONLINE
CLICK HERE TO GET THE DVD VERSION
In The Thick Foliage is an oil painting lesson that will take you through creating a realistic cardinal set within the deep forest leaves. In this lesson I will start you off with transferring a sketch to the canvas. There are a couple different ways to do that and I go over all the steps with you. I also provide a sketch for you to print out and transfer if you prefer.
With this lesson you’ll learn how to create a blurry abstract, yet believable background for our cardinal. Then we will layer our colors to create feathers, highlights and shadows to make a beautiful and realistic cardinal in oil.
Lesson Colors: Cadmium Red, Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White, Burnt Sienna
Optional acrylic used for toning the canavs: Burnt Sienna
Canavs Size: 11 X 14
Mediums Used: Neo Megilp (or Liquin original), Oderless Mineral Spirits to clean brushes off
Lesson Length: 2 hours 20 minutes
High quality reference photo and transferable sketch included (access on timgagnon.com under My Lessons)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.