Flying To The End of Earth – An ONLINE OIL painting lesson
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
Want to create powerful clouds and create an intense composition with beautiful color? This lesson is for you.
Learn how I take a few colors, paint out an abstract background and then create layers and layers of clouds from them with a few simple techniques. This 3 hour lesson will show you how I create these intense clouds from start to finish while using a unique but limited color palette.
Then once we’ve completed the background we will switch gears and I’ll show you the technical brush skills you need to create a beautiful bare tree with crows flying in.
This oil painting lesson is a ton of fun, and it shows you how you can create a beautiful painting in a few hours rather than weeks!
Colors needed: Cadmium Orange, Alizarin Crimson, Titanium White, Cerulean Blue, Raw Umber, Ultramarine Violet, Ultramarine Blue
Brushes used: 14 piece brush set found here:
Canvas size: 24 X 36 (but you can use any similar ratio sized canvas)
Lesson Length: about 3 hours
Mediums used: Neo Megilp (made by gamblin), Refined Linseed Oil
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.