Facing The Winds – An Oil Painting Lesson
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION
This lesson comes out on July 4th! Pre-order now and save 50%!
Facing The Wind is an oil painting that will take you through every step in creating an oil painting of a horse. I’ll explain how you can either transfer the provided drawing to canvas, or you can use the grid method to transfer the reference image to canvas (reference image in grid format and normal format included).
Once we’ve added the drawing and toned the canvas we will then begin painting this majestic horse. We start with shadows and build up layers within the shadows. Then we move through the highlights to get our initial block in finished. From there I’ll show you the process of oiling in and adding in all the fine details.
You’ll have a ton of fun painting this challenging but rewarding painting. Take your skills to the next level in this lesson. Come paint with me today!
Colors used: Burnt Umber, Raw Umber, Raw Sienna, Titanium White, Cobalt Blue, Burnt Sienna
Canvas size: 16 X 20
Mediums Used: Refined Linseed Oil, Neo Megilp, OMS (for cleaning brushes)
Reference photo included with grid and without grid
Reference drawing included with grid
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.