Thoughts of Summer – An Oil Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
This lesson begins shipping on 3/2/2020
Summer is my favorite time of year. Living in Maine, I’ve had to endure long winters for my entire life. Winter is what makes summer so much better, because we only get a little bit of it so we don’t take it for granted. I created this lesson in the heart of winter during a snowstorm.
I wanted to create a simple, happy, warm scene with trees, bright grass and hills in the distance. A scene like this is something I see everyday during the summer months here in Maine.
Learn how to create each part of this painting. I’ll take you through from start to finish. We will start with the sky and work our way through the hills and into the foliage in the foreground. Learn how to create light and shadow effectively and how to connect you foliage to your tree with branches after the fact.
This is a great 2 hour oil painting lesson. Come paint with me!
Canvas size I use: 10 X 20 (inches)
Colors Used: Manganese Blue (substitute with Cerulean Blue), Pthalo Blue, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Titanium White, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber
Brushes Used: 14 Piece Brush Set (CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.