The Green Wave – An Oil Painting Lesson on DVD – An introduction to wave painting
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE VERSION
This lesson comes out Sunday evening just in time for some Memorial Day painting (DVD ships on May 30th) ! Order now and save $5! (Sale ends on May 31st)
In the lesson The Green Wave, I’ll introduce you to how to create a wave in oil from start to finish. This lesson will get you started in learning how to create the shape, color and value within an ocean wave. I focus a lot on limited color palette, directional brush strokes and blending to get a lot of movement and color.
We use a reference photo where we enhance the colors we see, and use the reference as a guide in creating good shape and wave structure. This lesson will get you on your way to more advanced wave paintings in the future, and is great for beginners to ocean paintings. It’s also great for those who want to brush up on directional brush stroke skills and using creativity when translating a reference image.
Lesson Length: 2 hours
Canvas Size: 10 X 20
Reference Image: Included online (DVD customers also get access to the online lesson to see reference images and follow up video)
Follow up video: Included two weeks after purchase
Colors used: Viridian, Ultramarine Blue, Teal, Titanium White, Raw Umber, Cerulean Blue
Mediums used: Liquin Original (to speed up drying)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.