The Brilliant Sun – An Oil Painting Lesson – DVD VERSION
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
IMPORTANT: This lesson comes out on Wednesday November 25th. Pre-order this lesson and save $10
Get access to every lesson on the website, all new lessons that come out (including this one) by joining the membership program by clicking here!
Have you ever wondered how to paint a sun that shines? Where you look at a painting and it actually looks like there is light coming out of it? Now is your chance! In my painting lesson The Brilliant Sun I will show you how to use contrast and layering to create the sense of a glowing sun. It’s easier than you might think.
Not only will I teach you this very helpful technique, I’ll also take you through every other step of this sunset painting. Learn how to create clouds, layer beautiful colors to create a warm glow, and then how to create a dark background in the foreground without using black. Learn how to create the right color combination to create a “black” that looks right.
You’ll learn a ton of new techniques in this lesson! Come paint with me!
Lesson Length: 2.5 hours
Canvas Size: 16 X 20
Mediums used: Neo Megilp (substitute with liquin or OMS/Linseed oil 50/50 mix)
Colors Used: Cadmium Yellow Medium, Cadmium Orange, Alizarin Crimson, Ultramarine Blue, Radiant Turquoise (any turquoise should work well), Titanium White, Raw Umber
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.