Sunset In Oil – An oil painting lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Have you ever wondered how to create beautiful light in your sunset paintings? Or how to mix orange and blue without making mud? What about making clouds that explode out of the sky and a beautiful glow on the horizon?
In this painting lesson I will show you how to create all of those things, and truthfully it isn’t too difficult if you know the right steps. I will take you through every brush stroke of this painting, show you how to mix every color and how to create an amazing painting. These are skills you can use over and over in your sunset paintings.
Length: about 1.5 hours
Canvas size I use: 18 X 24 (you can use any size canvas for this lesson)
Colors: Alizarin Crimson, Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Orange, Cadmium Yellow Medium, Pthalo Blue with Zinc White, Raw Umber, Amethyst (you don’t have to have this color, I explain how to mix other colors to achieve it, but its a beautiful color), warm white (or flake white), mixing white, titanium white, cobalt turqouise (or zinc white)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.