Quick Sunset in Oil – An oil painting lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Want to loosen up and paint care free? This is the type of lesson for you. In this video I will take you through every brush stroke and paint mixture to create a beautiful sunset painting in oil in under an hour! This is a great painting if you haven’t tried using oil before, and have only used acrylic. I explain how the paints work differently and what mediums to use to make it easier to transition. If you’re already an oil painter, these will be good refresher tips.
Not only will this loose painting style keep your skills sharp, it’ll be very rewarding to learn you can create a great painting in little time. You’ll be able to take these quicker looser brush strokes with you and add them to some of your longer more detailed paintings.
Colors Used: Cadmium Orange, Alizarin Crimson, Titanium White, Turqouise, Kings Blue Deep (substitute cerulean blue and white) Cadmium Yellow Medium
Medium Used: Neo Megilp, or use Liquin Original
Canvas Size: 11 X 14
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.