Perched on Stone – An Oil Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
This lesson will begin shipping on Wednesday 11/11.
Get this lesson as well as every other lesson on the website by joining the membership program. Read more by clicking here!
Perched on Stone is an oil painting lesson that will teach you the process, from start to finish, to create this tonal realistic crow painting.
In this lesson I give you a grid drawing progression on how to create the initial drawing on canvas. From there we will solidify the drawing with acrylic paint, and then we proceed with oils.
This lesson is a little longer, as I let certain layers firm up over night. This lesson can also be achieved in acrylic even though the lesson is conducted in oil. The layering process would be similar for both mediums.
I’ll take you through every detail of the painting, from blocking in the major colors, to the fine details of the individual feathers.
Medium: Oil (can be completed with acrylic as well)
Canvas Size: 11 X 14
Mediums used: neo megilp (can also use liquin original or linseed oil/OMS 50/50 mix)
Colors: Raw Umber, Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Titanium White
Brushes Used: Pointed Round, Liner Brush, Small Round, Large Flat
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.