Mt. Rundle an oil painting lesson with Tim Gagnon on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
One of the most unique mountains in Canada, Mt. Rundle towers over the landscape with its unique shape and presence. I’ve always wanted to capture more of the Canadian Rockies and am starting it off with this oil painting lesson. Learn how to sketch out your composition, and how to use a grid to get accurate proportions and shapes. From there I’ll take you through layering using a simple palette to keep the colors fresh and manageable.
Learn how you can use values to create depth and atmosphere. Sometimes all it takes to create that towering effect is using the right value and shift of temperature. I’ll teach you how to paint Mt. Rundle from start to finish.
You’ll have a ton of fun learning with me. I show you all the color mixes, the brushes, the mediums and more. I’ll show you how to apply the paint and guide you through the entire process. Come paint this unique, towering, beautiful mountain with me today!
Colors Used: Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Turquoise (optional), Burnt Umber, Yellow Ochre, Flake White
Canvas Size: 16 X 20
Mediums used: 50/50 linseed oil/oderless mineral spirits
Reference Photo Included: YES (online)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.