Float By Night – An Oil Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Float By Night is an oil painting lesson that will take you through painting a unique night sky cloud scene, with a beautiful glow beneath the clouds. I wanted to create a lesson that was shorter (about 50 minutes) to show that sometimes you don’t need to overdo the brush strokes and colors to create a powerful painting. Sometimes you can use color and suggestion, with a strong composition to create a work of art that resonates.
In this lesson I’ll show you how to use oil paint loosely yet strategically to create clouds. From there we will add in the beautiful glow and reflection beneath the clouds. From the clouds we will cut out some contours (not too many) and blend everything together. Then we will finish it off with a hazy moon in the sky.
This is a fun colorful lesson. If you love oil paint, you’ll love this lesson!
Canvas size: 16 X 20
Colors used: Pthalo Blue, Raw Umber, Titanium White, Amethyst (purple), cadmium red light, cadmium orange
Lesson Length: About 50 minutes
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.