Early Light on Heavy Snow – An Oil Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION OF THIS LESSON
Join me in painting a sunrise winter scene in oil. Learn how to create this painting titled Early Light on Heavy Snow with me from start to finish. I’ll show you each step in the way in creating this textured, and colorful winter painting.
I’ll take you through creating the overall composition, by blocking in loose shapes and values with a neutral color. From there we will start adding in layers. Building up textures and thicker paint as we go.
From the block in I’ll show you how to create a gradient in the sky to create atmosphere, and then how to block in our dark layers that we can build lighter layers on top of to create depth. Learn how to create a stream, snow, trees, and hills with all simple direct brush strokes. Learn the fat over lean approach when it comes to painting oil.
They layered paint really brings this painting to life. Come join the fun!
Medium: Oil paint, and 50/50 fat over lean mediums
Canvas Size: 10 X 20 (any long canvas will work)
Colors Used: Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Titanium White, Ultramarine Blue, Raw Umber
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.