Bending Dark Skies – An Oil Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Sometimes you can create a realistic painting with just two or three colors. Sometimes that’s the best way to approach a painting. In this lesson, Bending Dark Skies, we will limit the palette to three colors to create a realistic moody painting.
Creating this sky is approached in three major steps. First the setup, we create the pattern we want the clouds to flow in. Then we add the midtone colors to bring out the shape of the cloud. Then we separate the cloud into contours to create depth and movement.
From there we will create some hills and trees in the foreground.
I’ll take you through each step of this painting from start to finish. Come join in the fun and paint this moody fall time painting.
Colors Used: Raw Umber, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White
Medium Used: Neo Megilp (substitute Liquin Original)
Canvas Size: 16 X 20
Lesson Length: 1.5 hours
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.