Alone – Oil painting lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Learn how to paint “Alone” in this 1 hour painting lesson. I’ll take you from start to finish. We will cover how to create a tonal painting with only three colors. With the use of raw umber and yellow ochre we can create an antiqued, or sepia looking painting.
This oil painting can also be done in acrylics by following the same steps. You don’t have to use any mediums with the acrylic paint.
You’ll learn how to create subtle highlights in the clouds and on the tree to create depth and dimension. By using a very limited palette, color mixing becomes a lot easier. A lot of the lesson is focused on value because we have to use values to create depth rather than saturated and de-saturated colors.
Lesson Length: 1 hour
Colors Used: Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre, Titanium White
Canvas Size: 18 X 24
Mediums Used: Neo Megilp (can substitute with liquin original, or 50/50 OMS, Linseed oil mix)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.