We Float At Dusk – An Acrylic Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Every August in Northern Maine we have a big balloon festival. Balloon pilots from around the country descend on Presque Isle, ME to conduct the yearly event. It’s a magical scene watching hot air balloons float through the sky every morning and every evening. They have to fly when the wind is at its lightest so that is why you only see them in morning and evening for the most part.
I was inspired to create a painting based on the balloon fest. I wanted to create something that was somewhat surreal because the event itself is surreal. It’s almost like a scene from the 1800s in my mind. Traveling by balloon is a very magical idea, as we all remember from the Wizard of Oz.
Come learn how to paint We Float at Dusk with me. I will provide you with a sketch of the Maine balloon that you can use to transfer to the canvas, making the proportions easy to capture. Learn how to create a golden sunset sky peppered with balloons floating in the distance. I will take you through each step of the way, from mixing color, to picking brushes, to applying the paint. Learn how to create a 3 dimensional balloon with a few easy steps.
This one is so much fun. I hope you join me in painting We Float At Dusk.
Canvas Size: 24 x 24 (any canvas will work)
Colors Used: Alizarin Crimson, Yellow Ochre, Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue, Cobalt Teal, Titanium White, Zinc White, Burnt Sienna
Lesson Length: 3 hours
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.