Trying to Break Through The Winter Sky – an acrylic painting lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
The beginning of December 2016 started out with a bang. We were hit with two back to back storms that dumped almost 2 feet of snow on us. Along with the snow came power outages, and a lot of shoveling. Finally at the end of the storm the sun started to break through the gray clouds. I took a few photos of it and created a lesson based on that moment.
Come paint the end of the winter storm with me. This lesson is all about layering the transparent colors on top of dark colors to create a hazy atmosphere. This uses minimal colors, and has a tonal feel. It’s a great lesson if you want to practice your layering without worrying about too much color mixing.
Colors used: Ultramarine Blue, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, Zinc White
Canvas size: 10 x 20 (any long sized canvas will work)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.