The Old Red Barn – An acrylic painting lesson on DVD
The Old Red Barn is my latest acrylic painting lesson. I approach this lesson a little bit differently. I allow myself to make a few mistakes on camera in order to show you all how I go about recognizing them and fixing them. This approach will allow you to see where I feel things are off and how I fix it. I believe this method will help people evaluate their paintings without fear of finding mistakes, because you’ll know how to change what you don’t like.
As always this lesson is completed start to finish, and will cover all steps to completion.
NEW CAMERA ANGLE
I’ve also added a new camera angle to the mix. I’m incorporating a palette camera that will be directly over the palette. This will allow you to see the paint mixtures up close and see how much paint I put on the brush. This is the first lesson with this angle and if it is well received will be incorporated in all future lessons. A screen shot of the angle is below.
Lesson Lenght: 3 hours
Reference photos: 2 included, one with grid and one without
Colors used: Red Oxide, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, Cadmium Yellow Med, Yellow Ochre, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Prussian Blue, Zinc White, Titanium White, Pthalo Blue: (not important to the overall lesson, so this is optional)
Canvas Size: 20 X 20 (any size is acceptable, you just have to be creative)
Brushes used: 14 piece brush set
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.