Single Rose – An Acrylic Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
This lesson comes out on 10/24/19
Single Rose is an acrylic painting on a 10 X 20 inch canvas. In this lesson I’ll teach you how to create a unique grid to get an accurate sketch of your rose. From there we will block in layers working from dark to light. Once we have a bunch of great layers we will then do some washes to even out the values and color. Then we go back in and add a lot of details and loose brush strokes to bring it together.
If you want to learn a great painting on a black background this is the one! Not only do you get a drawing tutorial, but you’ll learn a bunch of fun techniques you can use on other paintings as well.
Lesson length: about 2.5 hours
Canvas size: 10 X 20
Colors used: Quinacridone Red, Cadmium Red Medium, Naples Yellow (liquitex brand), titanium white, zinc white, ultramarine blue, burnt sienna, payne’s gray, alizarin crimson, cadmium yellow medium, yellow ochre
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.