Press Down Road – An acrylic painting lesson on DVD
This lesson will be shipping on May 5th. Pre-Order now and save 15% using coupon code: spring15
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
In this lesson you will learn how to do multiple washes in acrylic to achieve an antiqued, atmospheric look to your paintings. I will take you through each step of the way as we sketch out our composition. Tone the canvas, and block in our shapes. Then we begin the fun with doing thin washes of paint to create unique color combinations and that antiqued atmosphere look.
This lesson will help you overcome the “too controlled” feel to your paintings. We use a lot of layers of transparent colors in a very painterly approach so we can focus more on feel than details.
This lesson video is about 1.5 hours long.
The canvas is 14 X 18
The colors you will need are: Transparent Oxide Red, Cerulean Blue Deep (regular Cerulean Blue with a touch of raw umber will work), Transparent Raw Umber (regular is fine), Yellow Ochre, Titanium White, Zince White, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.