Painting A Pet Portrait – MILES – Acrylic Painting Lesson on DVD
This lesson will be shipped out on Tuesday at 5PM EST 1/25/2022.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Have you ever wanted to learn how to do a pet portrait? In this lesson I teach you how to paint my dog Miles with a fun composition.
I’ll talk about how I use the grid method to sketch out my composition from a photo. I provide the photo with the grid as well as talk about how to create your own reference photo with a grid using photoshop.
From here we block in the painting, tone the canvas and start painting. Learn each step in the process, from painting shiny eyes and nose, to using loose brush strokes to indicate fur. You’ll see how I layer each part of the painting, and I’ll give you instruction on how and why I layer the paints in this fashion.
You’ll have a ton of fun learning the process for painting a pet portrait, and you’ll pick up ideas you can use in the future for your own paintings as well!
Canvas Size: 16 X 20
Colors Used: Raw Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Raw Umber, Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White
Lesson Length: 3 hours
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.