Natural Stripes – An Acrylic Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
This lesson will be fully available on July 20th. Part 1 is viewable now, with parts 2 and three to follow over the next two days. Order now and save 50% until July 25th.
In this lesson I will teach you how to paint a realistic Zebra from start to finish. I provide a sketch that you can transfer to the canvas (I recommend 16 X 20 for a large painting or 11 X 14 for a smaller version). I will also show you how to use the grid method if you prefer to take that approach. As always I encourage you to try to do your own sketch as well to transfer to your canvas.
This lesson is very straight forward and only uses 4 colors! The dramatic black background paired with the black stripes makes for a very nice contrast and composition. The small variations in white is where the magic happens. I’ll take you through each step in this painting. Painting stripes is tedious, but not hard once you transfer the image. This one is a lot of fun, and you’ll learn a lot about subtle shifts of value and color within your whites and blacks.
Canvas Size: 16 X 20 (or use 11 X 14 for a smaller version)
Colors Used: Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Ultramarine Blue, Titanium White and Black for the background (I suggest Mars black).
Reference Photo included (for DVD purchase go under My Lessons to retrieve): Yes
Printable Sketch included (for DVD purchase go under My Lessons to retrieve): Yes
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.