Jumping Fox – An Acrylic Painting Lesson DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Painting animals in action is a ton of fun. Have you ever watched a nature show and seen a fox pounce through the snow when it hunts? It’s a pretty amazing sight. That is what I’ve captured in this painting. The stark white background represents a snowy terrain and puts all the focus on the jumping fox.
In this lesson I provide you with a number of reference photos. A reference drawing that you can print out and then transfer to the canvas, the original reference photo, and a reference photo that has a 1 X 1 inch grid to aid you in drawing the fox.
Sometimes less is more, and in this lesson we block in the colors and do looser brush strokes to imply the soft puffy fur. We forgo over-detailing anything on the fox, and try to suggest things with brush strokes to make the fox look real and effective. On an 18 X 24 inch canvas it is easier to make something look real with fewer brush strokes.
I’ll take you through each step of this painting. If you’ve never painted a fox before, this is a great place to start!
Lesson Length: 3.5 hours
Colors Used: Burnt Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Titanium White, Ultramarine Blue
Reference Images Included: Yes
Canvas Size: 18 X 24 inches
Brushes Used: Large Flat, Small Flat, Liner Brush, Fan Brush
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.