Gray Day – A DVD Painting lesson
For Online version, click here.
Gray Day was inspired by the long grueling days of winter in Northern Maine. Snow is a beautiful obstacle. It blankets the earth as far as you can see. The only open areas are the roads and driveways to your snow-banked home. This painting is about the beauty of winter, but the dark side of its length. Starting in November, and ending in April or May, the length of winter is the hardest part to adapt to. The first snow is refreshing, as is the last melt. The days are shortened by an early sunset and a late sunrise. The bare trees dance in the subzero winds. The frozen branches make a muffled click as they clang together like a music free wind chime. The winter is dark, but beautiful.
Important: You can save money if you order the series “The Classics.” This lesson is part of that series, which includes 3 other painting lessons that show how to paint some of my most popular paintings. You can read more about that series by CLICKING HERE!
Length: 2 hours 45 minutes
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.