Gathering Mountains – An acrylic painting lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR ONLINE VERSION
Want to paint the mountains in a realistic way? In this lesson I’ll show you how I use a limited color palette to make more natural landscape colors. I’ll also show you how I use a quadrant method to get my composition and proportions accurate.
I’ll take you through each color mixture and brush stroke in this 2.5 hour lesson. If you want to start painting in a realistic fashion, you’ll want to watch this lesson. Learn how to use more grayish hues to create distance and atmosphere, and how saturation plays a key role in light and distance. Watch as I create each aspect of this painting, from the clouds to the trees in the foreground.
Canvas Size: 10 X 20
Medium: Acrylic on Canvas
Lesson Length: 2.5 hours
Colors Used: Cerulean Blue, Ultramarine Blue, Naples Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Raw Umber, Burnt Sienna, Titanium White, Zinc White
HD Reference Photo with grid included (access this online even if you purchase the DVD)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.