Among The Dark Leaves – An Acrylic Painting Lesson on DVD
CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE VERSION
Painting against a black background is fun, but doing something realistic with bold color against a black background is amazingly fun!
Learn how to paint a realistic cardinal in acrylics on a black background. First we will transfer a sketch onto the canvas. Then from there we will block in all of our dark colors. Then we will start adding detail layers and bolder and bolder color until our cardinal pops out from the darkness and bathes in the moonlight.
I’ll show you every step of the way in this fun painting lesson. This one is only a few hours long so you can paint it anytime! You’ll learn a ton and have a lot of fun.
Canvas Size: 18 X 24 (any canvas size will work)
Medium: Acrylic on Black Primed Canvas
Colors Used: Cad Red, Cad Red Light, Cerulean Blue Deep (you can use ultramarine blue in place), Titanium White, Naples Yellow (or use yellow ochre), burnt Sienna, black
Lesson Length: About 2 hours
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.