Taking The Snowy Road – An online acrylic painting lesson
CLICK HERE FOR DVD VERSION
I created this painting based on an early morning driving down the dirt road I live on. There was a full moon setting over the hills. It was a bitter cold night that was coming to an end, and I was amazed at the beauty of winter. Even when it is hard to handle, and when it seems like it just can’t get any colder, the beauty of winter outshines everything. The purples, the blues, the quietness, the magical nature of snow, it all adds up to one of the prettiest times of the year.
Join me in painting this painting from start to finish. I’ll show you how to mix the colors, create the shapes, and how to create a beautiful snowy scene. I’ll show you a great trick on how to create a smooth sky hombre or gradient in acrylics. Sit down, have a warm drink and come paint with me!
Colors used in this lesson: alizarin crimson, ultramarine blue, dioxazine purple (you can replace this purple with alizarin crimson and cobalt blue or ultramarine blue mixed), raw umber, zinc white, titanium white
Lesson length: about 2.5 hours
canvas size: 18 X 24
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.