Moraine Lake Mountains – An online acrylic painting lesson
CLICK HERE IF YOU PREFER THE DVD VERSION
This year I took a trip to Banff National Park to get some inspiration. I have a ton of new lesson ideas, starting with this one “Moraine Lake Mountains.” This was one of my favorite spots in Banff. The mountains towered over a beautiful teal lake. I couldn’t believe the color of the lake. It was like someone put food coloring or some sort of dye to make it the color that it was. But no, the color was natural, as was the amazing mountains, trees and rocks that surrounded me. The air was crisp and the water cool. Its a heavenly place that I could paint for days.
This lesson is about 3 hours long. It is completed on a 16 X 20 inch canvas.
The reference photo can be downloaded from the lesson page. I also incorporated it into the video itself. This is a brand new, helpful feature that was requested by numerous artists.
The painting lesson is in acrylic, though oil painters may be able to follow along with this one easily using Liquin Original painting gel. The gel helps the paint dry a little faster and more transparent.
If you do decide to use oil, please do not use water. Water is only used with acrylics.
Please read further about how to access your lesson after you purchase it.
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.