Cloudy Days and Waterways – An Online Oil Painting Lesson
CLICK HERE FOR DVD VERSION
Cloudy Days and Waterways is my latest oil painting lesson. Learn how to create an amazing mood with layering just a few colors. In this 2.5 hour lesson you will learn how to set up your painting with basic color, then how to layer colors using liquin gel medium. Using this medium allows you to paint with thin layers creating great depth and detail while keeping a painterly feel.
This lesson is broken into two parts.
Part 1: In this part of the lesson I will show you how to create the sky and how to block in the foreground
Part 2: Here we will cover the details and finishing touches of the painting
This is an oil painting lesson, but you can follow along with acrylics as well. Just use water in place of liquin original. I also use Burnt Sienna and Raw Umber acrylics to tone the canvas to start with.
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.