Cloudscape in Portland Grey #1 – An Online Oil Painting Lesson
CLICK HERE FOR DVD VERSION
Sometimes a limited palette can really help you learn value. Worrying about what color to add next can be difficult for any artist. We want to make sure we reach a nice harmony in our paintings and color usually defines harmony. In this series we focus on creating beautiful cloudscapes in the Gamblin Portland Grey series.
In this first lesson in the series we use 4 Portland Grey colors to learn more about value, and we put the focus on shape, movement, blending without too much worry about color mixing.
Join me in painting beautiful cloudscapes in Gamblin Portland Greys.
Colors used in this lesson: Portland Grey Light, Portland Grey Medium, Portland Grey Warm, Portland Grey Cool, Cadmium Yellow, Titanium White
Lesson Length: 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Canvas Size: 24 X 36 (you can use any size canvas for this)
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.