Blazing Downpour – An online oil painting lesson
CLICK HERE FOR THE DVD VERSION OF THIS LESSON
I recently moved to a new house with a great view. One of the first days I was here a huge storm came through and it looked like the rain was on fire in the distance. I thought to myself, “I’m going to paint that!” So I did! I also created an oil painting lesson out of it as well. This one is fun because it is challenging, but the end result is a beautiful storm!
I will take you through each part of this lesson, from start to finish. We will tone the canvas with acrylic raw umber to start with, so please have that handy when you start the lesson. I will show you how to use the mediums, mix the colors and apply the paint to create Blazing Downpour. I leave no stone un-turned when showing you all the steps.
Lesson length: 2.5 hours
Colors used: Cadmium Red Light, Radiant Lemon Yellow (or just lemon yellow, or naples yellow for replacement), Pthalo Blue, Zinc White, Titanium White, Raw Umber, Turquoise (optional, used very very little in the lesson), Yellow Ochre, Prussian Blue
Mediums: Oderless Mineral Spirits, Linseed Oil, Walnut Oil (optional)
Canvas Size: 18 X 36 If you can’t find an 18 X 36 you can use a 10 X 20, 12 X 24, anything that doubles the height in the width.
To purchase this lesson, click Add to Cart, then click Checkout, and follow the onscreen instructions. Once you've completed the order, you'll be able to instantly access the lesson by clicking the blue button labeled with your display name in the upper-right and then selecting My Painting Lessons.
Note: DVD orders are shipped via First Class mail and should arrive within 5 to 7 business days.
With every Tim Gagnon Studio online lesson purchase, you receive:
- Immediate access – just purchase and begin painting
- Start to finish instruction – no cutouts – you’ll see every brushstroke of every painting
- Easy-to-learn techniques – develop skills to promote consistency in your style for a more professional look
- Unlimited viewing, no expiration – view the lesson as many times as you’d like, whenever you’d like
- Download the lesson directly to your hard drive for easy, offline access
- No expiration – once purchased, you’ll have access to the lesson forever
- FREE access to Critique Corner community – get/give advice, interact, and share photos of your work with other artists taking the same lesson
Tim Gagnon is the creator of online and DVD-based instructional art lessons for over 17,500 students in over 30 countries. In 2012, he was voted as one of the Top 50 Emerging Artists by Art Business News. His easy-to-learn instruction and unique, modern style has propelled him to one of the most followed artists in the United States.